Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Life's ups and downs ... twists and turns

You never know with life.
Sometimes you are handed a curve ball and a shot from out of nowhere and you have to just go with it and ride it out as best you can.

I am typing this from the Philippines.
How did I end up back here again after having all those apartment travails in Texas?

Well, long story short... After me being approved for an apartment, my Mom suffered a siezure and was diagnosed with a tumor in her brain. It's benign. It may stay there forever doing nothing or it might one day flare up. Nobody knows.
It's hard to operate on and very risky. So she chose to just live with it.
I rushed back here to be with my parents and to assist them during this time of "new normalcy".
I'll be here for a very long time, I suspect. For now, we are putting together a plan for her to beat the thing by eating it to death... that means sensible nutrition.

Well, at least I am off the apartment worries again.
And out of Texas for a while. To be honest, I wasn't really happy most of my stay there. It seemed that I was being bounced from one bad situation to the next. It was a very trying time and I wasn't able to achieve anything of note art-wise. And for the first time, I really felt unwelcome somehow. So good riddance for a bit.

So... here I am... setting up my studio here again at my parents' house. I recently bought a new bed. (delivery today) I also bought a few more things to make my small office fully functional.
Work begins tomorrow, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment