Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Potential 180!

Well, just having arrived here in Texas after 4 gruelling flights, one would think that's enough. It seems the plans I have been making and the reality on the ground haven't met nicely. The plans that I thought would come about and their promise of funding are about to go kaput in my face. So... in the interest of saving funds, I have been considering going out to Asia again where I can live cheaply with my folks.
You see, I have been supporting them from afar for the last few years now.
The current economics cannot sustain 2 households. It has to be merged into one.
It's still cheaper to fly myself out there all the way back instead of hacking my own way here in the US of A. So where does that leave my plans of van wandering? In flinders for now.

Time to regroup and rethink.
For now, this might end up being one big round trip "vacation" even though I haven't really been touring but just visiting relatives.

Next few days will be more certain.


  1. I really hate to be unsure of what to do. Glad I'm not in your shoes. Plus, we know what the right thing is to do but it doesn't make it any easier.

  2. Sorry to learn about the quandry you're in now. I hope you find the solution that works best for you.

  3. It will work out. :) If anything, we may have our California hangout after all. I fully intend to stay a while in Cali now that I am no longer in a hurry. I come out to CA around beginning of September.

    We'll parteh before I go on to the Philippines, Steve!

  4. I was unsure last week, Diane. And the uncertainty was really getting to me there. but now that one way or another, a decision has been made for me by circumstances, it is time to work with fate and make the best of it. :)