Saturday, May 24, 2014

Adventures right here in my square mile

I have to remind myself to enjoy what the place currently offers.
So with that spirit, I have taken on trying out new restaurants in my little square mile.
Gone to Barney's burgers. Not bad. Excellent taste. The only thing is the meat had a few bits of gristle which is a no no in my book. So reviews went south after that. Such a pity too.

Then, I went back to the old trusted favorites of Souk (all around local cuisine with Vietnamese dishes on the menu as bonus). Good quality chef prepared meals all for less than $8 per dish. 

Went back to visiting Ichiban which had new offerings of marinated oysters which I ate by the bowl. ($15 per head, all the sushi and Chinese/Filipino fusion dishes you can eat)

This past weekend, I went out to the city and ate at the local Chili's franchise. It was a tad expensive since the bill for 2 came out to something like $50. But the taste, I have to say, was dead on. I wonder if they import everything. It is exactly like the Chili's in Tejas. Very pleased with that discovery.

And of course, after a week of eating and another week of getting the summer flu... time to visit our favorite massage place.

 Time to visit the lady with the iron fingers and the magic touch. Got me a full scrub although the salt isn't as coarse as others. Followed by a full body massage and facial. That took care of the remaining time. Had a good walk home through the neighborhood. All is right in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment