Sunday, November 20, 2011

Homeless part 2

So 2 months into this... how does it feel?
People ask me how the van thing is going...
I say it's going wonderfully.
Do I miss having an apartment? Sometimes, yes. Sometimes, no.

Do I dwell on it a lot?
Not really. I think that's one of the keys to overcoming the anxiety that comes at unexpected times.

I have a home. And when I hear people talking about the economy and nearing the end of the rope, I actually feel secure that I have my home on wheels and I can just drive away and setup somewhere else.
It's also a good feeling knowing your assets are all liquid and can easily be carried to another destination.

I find it is relearning a new definition of the word "secure" from the meaning we attached to it since we were small.
It's different for everyone and I know that.
For me, my definition of security now lies in the knowledge that I do have the resources available and ready for me anytime I am in need. And this means that my assets aren't locked up anywhere where I cannot move them fast and immediately.
That's now my new reality. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment