Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I sure have plenty to thank about this holiday. Where to begin? Well, it's not as if I haven't listed all these things in another post elsewhere...

Being a van dweller is one thing to thank about. Sure, it's not a condo or a ranch house, but it sure beats being in a tent for more than a year... (just ask any random resident of Port Au Prince to see how they'd consider my lodgings palatial)

Being independent finally from the land lord is another thing to be thankful for.
I do want to own my own land one day, but it'll be on my own terms --not someone else's.
(and picking up a discarded futon frame thrown in my old apartment complex)

I have plentiful food stocks... savings in my bank accounts... good health (except for carpal tunnel but it ain't that bad)... Many things to be thankful for.

Finally, I am thankful for family and friends.
True to my attempt at seriously doing this van living, I really don't impose on them at all for anything. Not showers, not meals, nada. (except of course when we come over at their invitation, and they serve us food... )

Last of all, as a sort of P.S., I guess I am thankful I had the guts at all to try this out.
It's been paying off nicely and slowly over the days.
I look forward to even colder nights (I happen to like the cold and sleep well like a bear). It's gonna be plenty fun and I can just feel it!

Cheers and happy holidays to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment