Sunday, September 30, 2012

Finally Summer relents

I am lying in my little home tonight.
It's become routine now... like a bird about to enter its nest. I look around, finding nobody in sight, duck into the open back door of the van and shut it and the curtains to seal any light in. Surrounded by my black curtains, I ready myself for sleep.
It's a cool Sunday night. The last of the September days is here.
October awaits tomorrow.

Today, I came back from a weekend in Houston seeing family.
They are all well. We had a great time and I had a pleasant conversation with my loved ones about religion and my new outlook in life. I assured them I was the same person as I always was.

On the way back, we stopped by Jerry Mikeska's BBQ just outside of Houston past Katy. Best barbecue in town. Catch their buffet every sunday. You will be in for a treat. Best Brisket, best sides.
Great service and very friendly staff. Mr. Jerry himself comes out and greets customers when he is making his rounds.
On his restaurant walls are heads of various wild game including tons of deer and antelope. Once you see the audience of taxidermied animals watching you from all sides, you know you're in the right place. Sit back and enjoy!


As I came back into SA, I found a couple of friends waiting for me at my office parking lot.
What perfect timing as I went from one vehicle to another and gallivanted off to a national park to hike some moderately challenging trails. This lasted until near sun down. Then it was off to a Chinese restaurant for some ceviche, tres leches and baked mussels.

Well, it's been a great time.
Good night, America.

No comments:

Post a Comment