Friday, November 30, 2012

Incident

My body's a bit achy today so I decided to turn in early. 
After a while, sleeping in my little home feels natural. 
I did have a slight alarm yesterday, though.
I saw some cop lights flashing!
I thought I was sunk for sure.
I turned off the laptop to be in complete darkness and risked a peek out the curtains.

OK, it turns out, the cop just stopped a motorist nearby.
Whew... I spied on them for a bit. Got nothing else to do.
I did not feel like turning on my laptop again until I was totally alone.
So I just sat in the dark interior of my van listening... looking out my curtain.
They took forever to ticket the guy.
I thought they'd never go away.

Finally, they did.
Whew... It's not the equivalent of being rousted, but it was a close brush.

It brings me to my second thought as I sat there peeking out of my van...
It seems to happen to every van dweller that it's only a matter of time, I guess.
And it is beginning to feel like when I read about someone announcing they were rousted for the very first time, do I sense a feeling of subdued pride there? :) 
It's like "street cred" or something to be rousted it seems. heheh.
I could be wrong, though or just misreading it.
But I mean that in the best way. 

I don't wanna be rousted. One day, when I can get a battery and a roof rack and all that good stuff... and the time to set it all up! :)
I still work long hours and barely have time for anything else.

Well, I am signing off for now. 

Good night, America!

No comments:

Post a Comment