Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A tent within a tent...



I am typing this in my van where it is 35 degrees outside, buried deep in 3 layers of comforters and with a small woven blanket tent over my head.

Earlier, I had a good lunch of elk meat with 4 eggs, rice, carrots and potatoes. Boy that was a good lunch! I finished it off with a frozen margarita.

So back to the tent in my van.
I first had this idea a few nights ago but the past 2 days have been really chilly so I thought I'd rig a small tent over my head to preserve the warm air around me.
I know I can just pull the sheet over my head, but I feel like I am suffocating when I do that.
It's just a woven blanket strung over a bungee line I ran above my bed. Luckily, there are attachment points where I need them to be.
It works nicely although it does get messed up towards the morning.
But it's ok. An added bonus is I can tuck the laptop into it as well.

The effect is not unlike a child reading a book under covers.
It feels really cool. Being that I never read books using a flashlight as a kid, I sort of am reliving the images I see on film of this. It's really neat and glad I did this.

So that's my adventure for the day.

Good night, America!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good idea. Did it keep you warmer? Man ....good lunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Michelle! Yeah, the tent over my head works. :)

    ReplyDelete